Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pollachi - Bangaluru trip via Dhimbham Ghats

I had a trip to Bangalore IIM. I purposely avoided the regular Salem- Hosur highway due to two reasons. i) plenty of vehicles on the road and I can see only fast-moving vehicles and will be stressed, ii) nearly 400+ plus rupees tollgate payment.
I planned for alternative route, and it was a correct and perfect choice. From Pollachi I took the Palladam road and around 12Km before Palladam took the right turn to reach Annur and Sathyamangalam – Chamrajnagar – Kollegal route and I thoroughly enjoyed it.





The roads were fine, no potholes, almost although the stretch it was good, except very few patched places and rough roads. Few months back I had a similar trip to Mysore in 4 hours in this route.
I really got what I wanted – the empty beautiful roads and natural scenery and driving in 100 + KM/H. Nothing to complain.
Pollachi to IIM Bangalore was 370 KMs and it took 6 ½ hours with a breakfast break and couple of other small breaks. The total travel time was 6 ½ hours and driving time would be 5 ½ hours. Not bad… covering 65KM per hour. Started at 615 am from Pollachi and reached Sathyamangalam at 8 am with a breakfast stop. Sathy – Dhimbam 27 hairpins in a span of 9 KMs was very memorable with fog and mist, reached Bangalore around 1245 pm. Kanakapura-Bangalore Road had moderate traffic.
In the return trip started at 545am and reached Chamarajanagar at 830 for breakfast break and couple of other stopovers reached Pollachi before 1230pm. The mileage was good in my Fiat Palio sport. 


No comments:

Post a Comment